Friday, October 31, 2008

Politics

As we near election day, I decided that instead of giving my own thoughts, I would turn to some bright minds to share much of what I feel.

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.
But I repeat myself. --Mark Twain

The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. --Mark Twain

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it
costs when it's free. --P.J. O'Rourke

We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like
a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
--Winston Churchill

In general, the art of government consists in taking as much money as possible from one party of the citizens to give to the other. --Voltaire

What this country needs are more unemployed politicians.
--Edward Langley

Alaska? "Small"? Man, your V.P.'s state is so small, it's a question! Dela...where? Oh right, next to Pennsyl-who now? - Bucky the Cat

1 comment:

Loy said...

Stephen! Just found your blog through your brother's blog... I am blessed to read your thoughts: great post here, btw. Big smile and old-fashioned AMEN!

God bless,

Loy