Saturday, September 17, 2011

Bonhoeffer – Eric Metaxas


In this biography of one of the most famous people murdered under the regime of Adolf Hitler, Metaxas gives us a look not only into the life of Dietrich Bonhoeffer, but also into his mind.

I had wanted to read this book for some time, as I was interested in looking into the life of a man I knew some about, but certainly not a lot. This book ended up being just what I needed. It’s not a short book, as the author isn’t content with just giving you a story, but also is providing the reader with an in-depth look into what Bonhoeffer was often thinking at the time as well. The author turns often to the writings of Bonhoeffer, including his books, letters and sermons. This makes for quite an interesting look into his life and what he thought of the things going on around him.

The impact Bonhoeffer had on the life of so many around him alone makes for an interesting story. The way he did this with integrity, love and discipline, helping those around him capture these things as well, make his life and ministry full of valuable lessons for Christians today.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments: