Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Keeping Christ in Christmas

It is a big theme this time of year, and has been for several years now.  How can we fight against atheists in order to preserve the "Christ" in Christmas.  Their calls of "Happy Holidays" really bother Christians throughout the country.

But should they?  I mean, have we stopped to think about it?  Sure, I call it Christmas, and even celebrate Christmas, but isn't it bigger than that?  I think the problem is we think we are keeping Christ in Christmas by the way we greet people this season.  If we say "Merry Christmas", we are obviously being better Christians.  It all goes back to words.

In case we forget, Jesus was rarely concerned with what you said if it did not coincide with what you did.  In other words, you can say you are a follower of Jesus all you want, but unless you are living like Christ, it really means nothing.

So by all means, keep Christ in Christmas this year.  Let's just worry about what we do more than what we say.

1 comment:

jackblatchford@yahoo.com said...

I want to order two of them, can I and what size are they? I would like 4 ft by 8 ft for outside and for 60 days in the weather.